The worldwide leader in the production and distribution of innovative surfaces for architecture and design, Cosentino is delighted to announce that its revolutionary new ultra-compact surface, Dekton has won a prestigious Gold Award for Innovation in Materials at the 2014 Designer Kitchen and Bathroom Awards. Now in its 12th year, the awards are committed to celebrating and promoting excellence in kitchen and bathroom design and are dedicated to improving standards across the industry.
Christophe Gontier, Managing Director for Cosentino UK & IE collecting the award from Georgie Thompson, TV Presenter
Christophe Gontier, managing director for Cosentino UK and Ireland collected the award and said, “We are thrilled to have won this fantastic accolade. To not only gain the recognition from these esteemed judges, but for the award to identify that Dekton is a true innovation in materials is testament to the dedication and investment that has been spent by the team to develop this revolutionary product.” Read more
- The Cosentino Group will be presenting the ‘House of Dekton’ project by designer Steffen Kehrle at the Munich BAU 2015 Fair (19-24 January), and the Stockholm Furniture Fair (3-7 February)
- Using huge panel sizes, the remarkable house delivers a powerful and versatile experience of the ultra-compact surface, Dekton
The worldwide leader in the production and distribution of innovative surfaces for architecture and design, the Cosentino Group will be presenting a project ‘House of Dekton®’ designed by Steffen Kehrle at the Munich BAU 2015 and Stockholm Furniture Fair in early 2015. Read more
- The multinational leader in the manufacture and distribution of surfaces for architecture and design, Cosentino forms an alliance with the tennis player considered the best Spanish athlete of all time, Rafa Nadal to develop various collaborative and promotional actions.
- As a result of this agreement, the Cosentino Group has become a sponsor of the “Rafa Nadal Academy by Movistar”, the tennis academy that the athlete will open soon in Manacor (Majorca, Spain) to promote the values of sport among youngsters.
- Cosentino will supply its flagship products, Silestone® and Dekton® – which are world leaders in their respective categories – for the construction of this high-performance sports complex, on which work is scheduled to commence in autumn this year.
The world leader in the production and distribution of innovative surfaces for architecture and design, the Cosentino Group, is entering into a collaboration agreement with tennis player Rafa Nadal, considered the best Spanish athlete of all time. As part of this alliance, Cosentino will develop various promotional and support actions together with Nadal. Read more
- Aura, Edora, Irok, Kairos and Vegha are the names of the new colours for Dekton® by Cosentino. Inspired by natural stone, they offer unparalleled designs with magnificent veining.
- Aura in particular embodies a new design concept in colour thanks to a bookmatching mirror effect that guarantees extraordinary aesthetic creations based on the continuous beauty of veining.
- Given their natural look, these five new colours have been integrated into Dekton® by Cosentino’s Natural Collection. With their addition, the Dekton® range now has 15 colours, divided into three different collections: Solid Collection, Natural Collection and Tech Collection.
- Dekton® by Cosentino’s ultra-compact surface – launched in 2014 – is an innovative new category of surface created with the aim of becoming a leader in the world of international architecture and design, for both indoor and outdoor spaces.
The world leader in the production of innovative surfaces for architects and designers, Cosentino, launches five new Dekton colours that highlight the beauty and purity of natural stone.
The revolutionary ultracompact surface, Dekton® by Cosentino will be showcased at 100% Design from the 17-20 September 2014 on stand K360. The ideal solution for architects, designers, housebuilders and developers, Dekton® by Cosentino benefits from a wide range of unique properties, is available in ultra size, easy to install slabs up to 1440mm x 3200mm and comes in three different thicknesses (from 8mm to 20mm) depending on application requirements, the desired design and effect.
With over five times the flexural strength of granite and scratch, stain and heat resistant, Dekton® by Cosentino can be installed as a thinner material over greater spans, allowing for up to a 12-inch unsupported overhang on countertops, islands and bartops. Thanks to a high compressive strength it is the ideal material for large-traffic walkways and a high resistance to UV rays allows Dekton® to be used for indoor and outdoor projects including facades, flooring and swimming pools.
Dekton® by Cosentino worksurfaces in Zennith in the new Dani Garcia restaurant in Marbella
- The architect has selected Cosentino’s material for his exterior sculpture Sonnets in Babylon at the Venice Pavilion.
The global leader in the production and distribution of innovative surfaces for the world of architecture and design, the Cosentino Group, will be present for the very first time at the Venice Architecture Biennale. Cosentino is a technical sponsor of the Venice Pavilion represented by the architect Daniel Libeskind.
Daniel Libeskind has selected the ultra-compact surface, Dekton® by Cosentino for his outdoor sculpture that forms part of Sonnets in Babylon, presented by the renowned architect for the Venice Pavilion. Read more
- The ultra-compact surface Dekton® by Cosentino has been selected by the renowned architect Daniel Libeskind as the material for his sculpture at the Venice Pavilion
The global leader in the production and distribution of innovative surfaces for the world of architecture and design, the Cosentino Group, will be present for the very first time at the Venice Architecture Biennale. Cosentino is a technical sponsor of the Venice Pavilion with architect Daniel Libeskind who has selected the ultra-compact surface, Dekton® for his outdoor sculpture that forms part of Sonnets in Babylon.
Exclusive sketch by Daniel Libeskind showing the sculptural X created using Dekton by Cosentino
If you are attending this year’s Chelsea Flower Show, keep an eye out for Cosentino’s ultra-compact surface, Dekton®, which is featured on the Gaze Burvill modular ‘A la Carte’ luxury outdoor kitchen. Located in the heart of Chelsea’s show gardens on Main Avenue, the stand (MA9) will also feature new outdoor appliances from Sub-Zero & Wolf. RHS Gold award winner, Thomas Hoblyn is behind the concept and planting of the stand.
London, 29 April 2014 – The One To Watch Award, sponsored by the new ultracompact surface for architecture and design, Dekton® by Cosentino, was won by restaurant Saison run by chef Joshua Skenes and located in San Francisco (USA).
Santiago Alfonso, marketing director at the Cosentino Group presented the award during the presentation in London’s emblematic Guildhall last night.
Cosentino is delighted to announce that its new ultra-compact surface, Dekton® has won the kbb 2014 innovation award for kitchens. Announced live at the show, the award was presented to managing director for Cosentino UK and Ireland, Christophe Gontier on the Cosentino stand.
Every exhibitor was able to enter the awards by displaying an innovation tag on its most innovative product for the judges to consider. The panel of judges included David Sanders, Blum, Darren Morgan, Designer Kitchen and Paul Rowland, CP Hart. An innovation award was also presented for bedrooms and bathrooms.